"My approach to intervention is rooted in respect for child development and focuses on making the mundane meaningful, looking at daily interactions as opportunities for learning and growth while respecting the uniqueness of the individual and family. It’s about setting high expectations for long term quality of life and relationships for individuals on the spectrum and implementing a specific and doable plan to get there one step at a time.”
– Lauren Wilson, LCSW, RDI® Program Certified Consultant

Friday, March 15, 2013

Tim and Keith Harris | StoryCorps


“I wanted to own a restaurant ever since I was a kid.”
Tim’s Place, a restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is named after a young man with Down Syndrome, Tim Harris.
Tim calls it “the world’s friendliest restaurant.” He works there six days a week and greets each customer at the door.
For StoryCorps, Tim sat down with his father, Keith, who helped him start the business in 2010.


Tim and Keith Harris | StoryCorps

Wow, another moving story from Story Corps.  I especially appreciate their discussion of how each perceived their role as father and son.  If I am every in Albuquerque, NM I know exactly where I will be eating.  Who doesn't love a great meal with a side of excellent hugs!

No comments: