"My approach to intervention is rooted in respect for child development and focuses on making the mundane meaningful, looking at daily interactions as opportunities for learning and growth while respecting the uniqueness of the individual and family. It’s about setting high expectations for long term quality of life and relationships for individuals on the spectrum and implementing a specific and doable plan to get there one step at a time.”
– Lauren Wilson, LCSW, RDI® Program Certified Consultant

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fixed & Growth Mindsets


I've long been an avid reader of Carol Dweck's research.  I see how nicely her ideas dovetail with remediation programs.  It has certainly been my experience than a measurable shift takes place in an individual with autism's program when we begin to see that shift from a fixed to a growth mindset.

Some of my favorite research of hers has been on Praise and Motivation.  The first article I read about this was here, The Power (and Peril) or Praising Your Kids.  The following is a video that also summarizes the research (though I have to say, I like the article a better).

No comments: